As a passport acceptance agency, we process applications for initial passports and minor renewals only. If you need an adult renewal, this is accomplished via the U.S. Mail. For processing times, click here.
If you have an emergency travel need (72 hours), contact the U.S. Passport Agency in Detroit.
There is an additional U.S. Government fee to expedite your
The federal government has extended the deadline for REAL ID to May 3, 2023. As of that date, standard state-issued driver’s licenses and identification cards will no longer be accepted to board domestic flights within the United States, or when entering certain federal facilities. For more information, click here
Passport services are by appointment only.
- If you need an initial passport or a minor renewal, contact us to schedule an appointment. Please call 248-433-7702 or email the Clerk's Office.
- If you need an adult renewal, the Federal Government requires that you apply via mail. However, if you utilize us for your passport photo, or are renewing a minor’s passport with us, we are happy to provide advice concerning your adult renewal at that time
- All applicants must apply in person.
- Valid passports are required for children of every age.
To apply for a U.S. passport or passport card, applicants must provide:
- A passport application form completed using black ink only. All forms may be found at the Department of State’s passport website and at passport acceptance facilities.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship in the form of a previous passport, passport card, certified birth certificate or certificate of naturalization.
- Primary identification, which includes a current driver’s license, passport, certificate of naturalization (with photo), government or military ID. You must submit a front-and-back photocopy of your identification with the application.
- Proof of relationship to parents required for applicants 15 years old and younger. A birth certificate fulfills this requirement.
- NOTE: Social Security cards are not considered a primary identification document by passport services.
These lists are not all inclusive of what may be required to process a passport application. Click on the link(s) below for full details.
New Passport/Minors Passport
There are fees that go to the U.S. Department of State and fees to the Township.
- Information on US Department of State fees: Check or money order must be brought to your Clerk's Office appointment
- Township service fees can be paid by cash, check, money order or credit/debit card (a convenience fee applies to credit/debit cards)
- $35.00 execution fee
- $15.00 Photo fee
- $ 1.00 per-copy fee
Travelers who have passport questions can contact the Clerk’s Office at 248-433-7702. For more detailed information about passports, check on latest processing times, or if you need a foreign visa, go to the U.S. Department of State webpage.
Last updated: June 21, 2021
Notary services are available at the following Bloomfield Township offices:
- Supervisor’s Office
- Clerk’s Office
- Treasurer’s Office
- Assessor’s Office
- Planning, Building and Ordinance Department
- Public Works Department
- Police Department Records Office
Notary service for Township residents:
First signature/act No charge
Each subsequent signature/act $3.00
Notary service for non-residents:
First signature/act $5.00
Each subsequent signature/act $5.00
For residents and non-residents there is no charge for a single copy of the signature page and notarized page (if different). Any additional copies will be charged at $1.00 per page.