Deferred Taxes

Summer taxes may be deferred until February 14th, if your total household income for the previous year was less than $40,000 AND if you qualify for one of the following:

  • Senior Citizen (age 62)
  • Paraplegic/Quadriplegic
  • Eligible Serviceman, Eligible Veteran, or Eligible Widow/Widower
  • Blind Person
  • Totally and Permanently Disabled

Complete the Deferment Application and send it, with a copy of your previous year’s MI 1040CR (or MI 1040), to the Bloomfield Township Treasurer's Office for approval.  Proof of household income is required.

Deferment of Summer Taxes Application

Michigan General Property Tax Act Hardship Exemption

As of June 2020 Bloomfield Township has streamlined the process and application form for those residents seeking hardship exemption for property taxes, waiver of solid waste, and Minor Home Repair Community Block Grants. Residents facing financial hardship can now use one form to apply for any or all of the above. The Assessor's Office will administer this program.

Hardship Exemption Guidelines
Hardship Exemption Application

Minor Home Repairs Community Block Grants

Senior Services facilitates the Minor Home Repair program with funding from Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds. Residents must be 60 years of age or above with a gross annual income per household below $50,150 with one person in the household and $57,300 for 2 persons in the household. Repairs must fit the criteria and may not exceed $5,000. Application is required.

Minor Home Repair Guidelines

State Tax Commission Affidavit for Disabled Veterans Exemption

This form is to be used to apply for an exemption of property taxes under MCL 211.7b, for real property used and owned as a homestead by a disabled veteran who was discharged from the armed forces of the United States under honorable conditions or his or her unremarried surviving spouse. The property owner, or his or her legal designee, must annually file the Affidavit with the supervisor or assessing officer any time after December 31 and before, or until the conclusion of, the December Board of Review.

Disabled Veterans Exemption (Form 5107)

Notification of Name, Address, and Water Billing Changes

Use the Notification of Name, Address and Water Billing form to add or remove a temporary/permanent mailing address for your tax bill or water bill, change a taxpayer name, or to change to paperless water/sewer billing.

Notification of Name, Address and Water Billing Changes

Automatic Payments and Paperless Billing

Bloomfield Township Water and Sewer payments can be deducted automatically from a checking or savings account by completing the Automatic Payments Form and returning it to the Treasurer’s Office. Payment will be withdrawn from the account 10 days prior to the Due Date. There is no charge for this service. You can also use this form to sign up for paperless billing.

Automatic Payments

Final Water Bill

A final meter reading is required to prepare a final bill when a resident is moving from their home. For a current read, the request needs to be made prior to moving. Please complete the Final Water Bill Request Form and submit to the Treasurer's Office by fax, mail, Email  or call 248-433-7705 to set-up an appointment for the Final Read by the Water and Sewer Department.

Final Water Bill Request Form