If you have an Ordinance question, complaint or comment, there are several ways to contact the Ordinance Division:
Submit a Form by Fax 248-433-7729
Submit an Online Form by Email
The Ordinance Division will respond to you as soon as possible.
Property Maintenance Board of Appeals
Bloomfield Township adopted Ordinance Chapter 10, Article V, the International Property Maintenance Code. Any appeal related to the provisions of this code must be processed with the appeal application. Contact the Planning, Building and Ordinance Department at 248-594-2845 with any questions on the appeal process.
Spring Cleanup Slideshow
Adopted Tree Preservation Ordinance
The function of the Code and Ordinance Division is to ensure that the Township zoning ordinances and other development codes are observed by all property owners in Bloomfield Township. The Division ensures the enforcement of codes and ordinance requirements in the residential as well as commercial areas of the Township. Emphasis is given to maintain the high property values of this unique community.
Working in conjunction with activities involving the Planning and Building Division, the Code and Ordinance Enforcement staff responds to citizen complaints, conducts inspections and contacts residents and business owners in an effort to obtain compliance. If necessary, the Division brings the violators to court for a hearing before a judge in 48th District Court.
Please be aware of changes to Ordinance Division operations due to COVID-19: Effective May 11, 2020, the Ordinance Enforcement staffing will return to normal levels. However, the inspectors will be limited to outside inspection work and performing their office duties remotely. Should you wish to speak to a specific officer, please call the main Ordinance office number at 248-594-2845 and leave a message on that officer's extension. The officer will return your call within 24 business hours. General questions may also be submitted through the website at email@example.com.
Lead Ordinance Enforcement Officer
- Sworn Bloomfield Township Ordinance Enforcement officer
The Lead Ordinance Enforcement Officer works closely with Township administrators, residents and commercial entities in an effort to promote awareness and gain compliance in ordinance matters. The Lead Officer implements and enforces all Ordinances, and authorizes Violation Notices and Citations.
- Member of Michigan Association of Code Enforcement Officers
- Michigan State University – Graduate Certificate Law Enforcement Intelligence Analysis
- Michigan Public Service Institute Certification
Building Inspector/Ordinance Enforcement Officer
- Sworn Bloomfield Township Ordinance Enforcement Officer
- Act 54 Registered Building Inspector
- Act 54 Registered Plan Reviewer
- Licensed Builder
- Southeast Michigan Building Officials & Inspectors Association
- Huron Valley Association of Code Officials
- Downriver Association of Code Officials
Fire Code Enforcement Officer
- Act 54 Registered Fire Protection System Inspector
- Act 54 Registered Fire Protection System Plan Reviewer
- Fire Marshal
- NFPA Certified Fire Inspector II
- NFPA Certified Fire Plans Examiner
- Michigan Fire Inspector Society
- Oakland Macomb Fire Prevention Society
- Oakland County Arson Association Fire Investigation
The Fire Code Enforcement Officer focuses on the enforcement of the Township’s fire safety ordinance. This includes enforcement of the 2006 International Fire Code in commercial occupancies and multiple family dwellings, outdoor burning ordinance, fire pits, fire lane enforcement and hydrant maintenance issues.
When necessary, the Ordinance Division may call upon other officials who have also been sworn in as Ordinance Officers, thereby having the ability to enforce the ordinance as it applies in their field of expertise. They are: