Generally, inspections are performed at the foundation, rough, insulation and final stages. Other inspections may be required during construction depending on the extent of the construction project. Inspections are required for all permitted work.
FAQ About Inspection Services
1. What can I expect by Inspectors under the Covid-19 health protocols?
Inspectors are required to wear a mask and have gloves every time they exit their vehicle for all inspections.
Before entering the occupied space, the inspector is to ask the occupant the following health protocol questions:
1. Is anyone in the space currently sick?
2. Has anyone in the home been in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
Inspectors shall not enter any occupied space where the occupant(s) answers in the affirmative (yes). If the occupant(s) answer no to the above questions, the inspector can continue with the inspection.
At any time, should the inspector notice anything in the space that they deem unsafe for them to continue, they may choose not to continue with making the inspection and will request that it be rescheduled for another day.
2. What do I need to do when an inspector arrives to do an inspection inside my home?
Residents are required to maintain proper separation protocols by being in a remote location in the space and as far away as is possible. Additionally, occupants are required to wear a mouth and nose covering “mask” for the inspectors to continue with their inspection.
3. Is it necessary to meet the Inspector at the inspection site?
No, however access must be provided to the inspector on the scheduled inspection day.
4. Are inspectors available to help me if I have any questions about building in Bloomfield Township?
Building code interpretation or code related questions may be addressed by the appropriate inspector at the following times; between 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM - 5:30 PM, Monday - Thursday.