Rates and Billing FAQ1. What are the trash rates?
The rates that you will be charged will depend on which type of service you are currently being billed for. All of the rates will remain constant for the 8-year life of the contract, beginning July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2023, with no rate increases after 2015.
Following are the quarterly rates that will be billed to residents, starting with the June 2015 bill, from GFL Environmental.
Following are the quarterly dumpster rates that will be billed, starting with the June 2015 bill, from GFL Environmental.
Your billing schedule will remain unchanged. You will receive a quarterly bill from GFL Environmental one month prior to each service period. You should receive your bills at the beginning of June, September, December and March. GFL Environmental will administer all billings; if you have any questions or concerns regarding your bills, you can reach them at 844.464.3587.
3. What payment options do I have?
If you have any questions regarding making a payment, please call GFL Environmental at 844.464.3587.4. Who do I make my payments out to?
All checks should be made payable to: "GFL Environmental" and mailed to:
5. How do I receive one free month of service?
6. Can I turn off my trash service?
Per the Solid Waste Ordinance No. 577, trash service for all residential units in the Township must be contracted by a single, solid waste hauler and so trash service cannot be permanently turned off nor can residents contract with an alternate hauler. In order to accommodate residents’ needs as best as possible, the Township has negotiated the ability for residents to suspend their service when they will be away and not using the service for a minimum of one month to a maximum of three months.
7. How can I suspend my trash service?
There are two ways in which residents can suspend their service:
1) An extended leave suspension will be granted for any resident that will be away from their home and not using trash service for a minimum of one month to a maximum of three months. The resident simply has to call GFL Environmental and inform them that they will be away and for how long. GFL Environmental will deactivate your account for up to a maximum of three months. If at any time during the suspension there is trash placed out for pickup, GFL Environmental will collect the trash and will automatically reactivate the account and billing will begin immediately.
2)A suspension of service will also be granted to those homes that are deemed to be unlivable due to either construction or demolition. In order to receive this suspension, proof of construction or demo, such as the building/demo permits, must be provided to GFL Environmental. The homeowner may reactivate the trash service at any time. GFL Environmental will automatically reactivate the service if trash is placed out for pickup at any time.
8. Is there a discount for seniors?
There is a $1 discount, per month, for seniors. Please contact GFL Environmental to inquire.
Route and Service FAQ
1. Is there any limit to how much trash I can put out per week?
No, there is no limit on the quantity of household trash that you put out each week so long as it is all contained and prepared properly.
2. Is there a bulk item (furniture, mattresses, appliances, etc.) pickup?
Yes, GFL Environmental will collect bulk items every week on your normal trash day. No special arrangements are required and there is no extra fee.
3. How do I dispose of a fridge or freezer?
GFL Environmental will pick up a fridge or freezer on your normal trash day, at no extra charge. Please contact GFL Environmental with at least 24-hour notice and remove the doors before placing at the curb. GFL Environmental will not collect them if the doors are not removed.
4. Is there a container size limit?
5. How do I prepare yard waste for pickup?
Any limbs or branches over 2 inches in diameter and less than 6 inches will be picked up with the solid waste and need to be cut to 4 ft. in length, tied and bundled, not exceeding 60 lbs per bundle.
6. How do I get a Recycle Bin?
7. What can I put in my recycle bin?
8. What holidays may affect my trash pickup? 9. How do I dispose of Christmas trees? 10. How do I dispose of medical sharps? 11. How do I dispose of Household Hazardous Waste?
8. What holidays may affect my trash pickup?
9. How do I dispose of Christmas trees?
10. How do I dispose of medical sharps?
11. How do I dispose of Household Hazardous Waste?