Board of Appeals
of Appeals Application
In accordance with the Zoning Ordinance, Chapter 42,
appeals from the strict applications of the provisions of the
Zoning Ordinance may be made to the Zoning Board of Appeals
upon finding the standards of practical difficulty or hardship
have been met. Please review the Ordinance before submitting
this application to assure compliance with the various
Please review the submission requirements, complete the
application form, and submit all required information to the
Planning Department for the Zoning Board of Appeals. The
Zoning Board of Appeals meets the second Tuesday of every
month (unless otherwise scheduled) at 7:00 PM held at the
The following must accompany your completed application no
later than the 1st day of the month prior to the following
month's meeting. No more than 20 applications will be
accepted for each meeting.
- Two full-sized and 8.5 inch by 11 inch copies of the SITE PLAN showing the
location on the property, with accurate dimensions,
including detail on the type of materials and appearance.
Also show detail on landscaping with types and sizes of
plantings. In the event that the
subdivision association official has signed off on both site
plans submitted, one copy may be returned to the applicant
for the purpose of obtaining building permits. CD's are
acceptable in the following file formats, PDF or HTML.
- When applicable two copies of elevations must be submitted (front,
sides and rear) showing façade material, window and door
locations. An 8.5 inch by 11 inch clear white copies
of the elevations must also be submitted.
- Check (or cash) in the specified amount – payable to
- Written comments by the Subdivision Association should
be provided no later than the night of the scheduled
meeting. Failure to supply the Zoning Board of Appeals
with written comment from the Subdivision Association may
delay action by the Board.
- Written approval of the neighbors may be beneficial if
there is no active Association.
- Photographs of the site. Pictures may be submitted in
jpeg or tiff file format.
THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES WILL BE CONSIDERED IN DETERMINING
THE VALIDITY OF EACH VARIANCE REQUEST:
- The proposed variance involves practical difficulties.
- The proposed variance involves exceptional and unique
- The proposed variance will not impair the adequate
supply of light and air to adjacent property owners nor
increase congestion in public streets
- The proposed variance will not increase the hazard of
fire or flooding nor endanger the public safety.
- The proposed variance will not unreasonably diminish or
impair established values within the surrounding area.
- The proposed variance will not in any other respect
impair the public health, safety, comfort morals or welfare
of inhabitants of the Township.
- The proposed variance will not alter the essential
character of the neighborhood.
- The spirit of the Ordinance must be observed.
Minutes and agendas are posted on Minutes on Demand which
can be accessed from the
Public Meetings page.
Meetings begin at 7:00 PM on the second Tuesday of each
month, at the Township Hall, 4200 Telegraph Road. In the event
of a holiday or Election Day, the Zoning Board of Appeals
meetings are typically held on the third Tuesday of the month.
In the event a meeting date needs to be changed, the Board
members will be notified and a notice will be posted at
||October 17 - Rescheduled due to Shemini Atzeret & Simchat
Torah - Rescheduled to November 8