Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative
On June 1, 2009, the U.S. government
implemented the full requirements of the land and sea
phase of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative
(WHTI). The proposed rules require most U.S. citizens
entering the United States at sea or land ports of entry
to have a passport, passport card, or other travel
documents approved by the Department of Homeland
Bloomfield Township Clerk’s Office offers complete,
convenient passport service at 4200 Telegraph Road,
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302.
Hours are 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Thursday.
Offices are closed on Fridays.
Passport photos and copy services are available.
- All applicants must apply in person.
- Valid passports are required for children of every age.
- Bloomfield Township does not accept credit/debit cards
for passport services.
To apply for a U.S. passport or passport card, applicants
- A passport application form. All forms may be found at the
Department of State’s passport website and passport
- Proof of U.S. citizenship in the form of a previous
passport, passport card, certified birth certificate or
- Copy of identity, including a current driver’s license
(front & back), passport, naturalization certificate,
government or military ID.
- NOTE: Social Security cards are not acceptable
New Passport/Minors Passport
(Applicant must mail passport application if issued at age
of 16 and older and less than 15 years from date of issue.)
US Department of State: (Check
or money order)
- Bloomfield Township: (Cash, check or
$25.00 execution fee
$10.00 Photo fee
$ 1.00 Copy fee
- Bloomfield Township does not accept credit/debit
cards for passport services.
If you need your U.S. passport in less than 2 weeks for
international travel or you need your passport within 4
weeks to obtain a foreign visa, please call the Automated
Appointment System at
1.877.487.2778. The Detroit Passport Agency is located at
211 W Fort St., Detroit, MI 48226. Hours of operation are
Monday and Tuesday 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM Wednesday – Friday
9:30 AM – 3:00 PM. Expedite fees are required.
who need additional information about new passport
regulations may visit the
U.S. Department of State web site or call
the Bloomfield Township Clerk at 248.433.7702.
Last updated: October 27, 2011